modern possibilities of simultaneous cardio and oncological surgery, which allows eliminating competitive fatal diseases in 1 surgical and anesthetic intervention.
Statement of Ethics
The article describes a case report. Therefore, no additional permission from our ethics committee was required (Local Ethics Committee of Sechenov University). Written informed consent was obtained from the patient's legal guardian for publication of this case report and any accompanying images.
Conflict of Interest Statement
The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare.
This study was not funded.
Roman Komarov, Sergey Osminin, and Alisher Ismailbaev performed surgery; Yulia Agakina and Igor Schekoturov contributed to manuscript preparation, selected a chemotherapy regimen, adjusted the dose of drugs, and performed a CT scan on the patient; Ivan Ivashov contributed to data collection, literature search, manuscript preparation, manuscript revision, and submission. All authors read and approved the final manuscript.
Data Availability Statement
All data generated or analysed during this study are included in this article.
1. Komarov RN, Chernyavsky SV. Simultaneous surgical procedures under cardiopulmonary bypass. Kardiol serdechno-sosud khir. 2018 Jan 1;11(6):75.
2. Wong MCS, Hamilton W, Whiteman DC, Jiang JY, Qiao Y, Fung FDH, et al. Global incidence and mortality of oesophageal cancer and their correlation with socioeconomic indicators temporal patterns and trends in 41 countries. Sci Rep. 2018 Mar 14;8(1):4522.
3. Li R-L, Luo C-W, Ho Y-C, Lee S-S, Kuan Y-H. Heart valve operations associated with reduced risk of death from mitral valve disease but other operations associated with increased risk of death: a national population-based case–control study. J Cardiothorac Surg. 2019 Dec 14;14(1):165. Available from: https://cardiothoracicsurgery.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13019-019-0984-x.
4. Markar S, Gronnier C, Duhamel A, Bigourdan JM, Badic B, du Rieu MC, et al. Pattern of postoperative mortality after esophageal cancer resection according to center volume: results from a large European multicenter study. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015 Aug 21;22(8):2615–23.
5. Yang Y, Xiao F, Wang J, Song B, Li X-H, Li J, et al. Simultaneous surgery in patients with both cardiac and noncardiac diseases. Patient Prefer Adherence. 2016 Jul;10:1251–8.
6. Liu B, Gu C, Wang Y, Wang X, Ge W, Shan L, et al. Feasibility and efficacy of simultaneous off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting and esophagectomy in elderly patients. Oncotarget. 2017 Jul 11;8(28):46498–505.
7. Zhang W, Liu B, Zhou Y, Wang F, Gu C, Wang Q, et al. Combined surgical treatment of esophageal cancer and coronary heart diseases in elderly patients. World J Surg Oncol. 2018 Dec 24;16(1):213.
8. Ni B, Lu X, Gong Q, Shao Y. Simultaneous resection of left atrial myxoma and esophageal carcinoma via right thoraco-abdominal approach. J Thorac Dis. 2016 Jul;8(7):E531–4